1099 Commercial Insurance Loss Control Opportunity
Field Force Inspections is currently seeking Independent Contract Vendor Loss Control Insurance Inspectors. (1099)
To Be Considered- Visit our website Join Our Team submission
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Inspection Service Vendors matching our needs will be contacted via email by our recruiting department.
Our company is a small, family-held company that has been providing quality nationwide inspection services to the insurance industry for nearly 60 years. We have offices in California and Texas. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service with a personal touch to our clients with superior support to our inspectors to ensure our client's needs are met on every inspection.
Our clients require forms with questions to be answered by a walk-through observation of properties, an interview with the insured/contact, photos, and a diagram of the building(s). Completed reports, diagrams, details, and photos are uploaded to our system via the inspector portal. Reports must be completed and returned within 14 calendar days via our online portal. Inspections must be done during regular business hours Monday thru Friday no fieldwork is permitted on Sundays; reports can be uploaded to the portal at any time. Hours of this position are flexible
Assigned work is paid on a FLAT RATE PER INSPECTION. Rates range from $35-$75 within a 30-mile radius. Inspections assigned out of an area may be bid and reviewed for a higher rate, on a case-by-case basis. THIS IS NOT AN HOURLY JOB POSTING
- Provide high-quality, comprehensive loss control inspection reports as requested by our clients, using established
protocols, procedures, and policies.
- Schedule and Conduct field or office-based loss control underwriting inspection reports
- Use company website portal to retrieve assigned work, track status of assigned requests, upload photos, complete
assigned inspection forms, any additional detail as requested by our client and submission of completed report for
review by Quality Assurance
- Use of a personal car, laptop, digital camera, high-speed internet, cell phone and measuring wheel to conduct an
- Use strong customer service skills to communicate with policyholders, agents, and appointed contacts to conduct
and complete assigned inspections
- Conduct Loss Control Surveys at the insured’s locations to identify the property and liability-related hazards and
- Write comprehensive reports utilizing existing templates identifying potential loss conditions, hazards, or concerns
and make recommendations to mitigate the exposures identified in the field surveys.
- Builds positive working relationships with all points of contact while working, conducting, and completing all
assigned inspection requests
To be considered you must have the following Skills, Qualifications, and Required Tools:
- Two to four years experience conducting inspections or relative experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Outgoing personality that would enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people including policyholders, employees,
agents, brokers, and authorized reps
- Must be able to write comprehensive loss control reports.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days.
- Must have skills to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and inspection related
software when applicable
- PC or Laptop with printer and scanner
- High-Speed Internet
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Digital camera/Smartphone with ample photo quality (no date stamps)
- A Measuring Wheel
- PSI Gauge
- Reliable transportation and access to GPS or reliable maps
- Be able to pass a criminal background check
Preferred candidates should have one or more of the following relevant experience:
- Prior or Current Commercial and/or Residential Field inspections
- Insurance Inspections
- General Contracting (residential/commercial)
- Construction Project Management
- Fire Department Inspections
- County or City Building/Construction Inspections
- Armed Services construction work or project management
- Job Types: 1099 Contract