Commercial Insurance Risk Control Consultant - Independent Contractor (411)
Commercial Insurance Risk Control Consultant - Independent Contractor
EXL Risk Control is a leading provider of risk assessments and loss control surveys to commercial lines insurance carriers. We are seeking candidates who possess 10+ years of experience with a major insurance carrier and/or national broker in commercial Property & Casualty Risk Control, excellent communication skills, computer proficiency, and a commitment to meeting client quality and timeliness standards. Those with these skills as well as knowledge or experience in commercial insurance, inspections, or fire and safety assessments are encouraged to apply.
You will be responsible to schedule on-site surveys and provide risk evaluation and risk improvement reports to insurance industry clients. These reports contain information necessary to underwrite a commercial insurance policy, and may include recommendations to control and/or correct potential loss producing conditions associated with that policy. You will be expected to manage assignments you accept, successfully secure customer appointments within a local territory and complete work assignments on time.
You may work on special projects or conduct more challenging risk evaluation surveys or risk improvement service requests that utilize your education, professional certifications and overall risk control skills level. Insured businesses range from Middle Market to Large Multi-location commercial size.
Consultants will work from their home or office, and travel to local commercial business operations (i.e.) retail businesses, restaurants, hotels, apartment buildings and complexes, construction operations and jobsites, various types of manufacturers, churches, schools, etc. You will assess the risk for various commercial insurance lines of business that can include Property, General Liability, Workers Compensation, Auto/Fleet, Products Liability, Inland Marine and Builders Risk.
Tools or Items You Must Provide:
· Windows-based PC with an image/document scanner
· Digital camera
· High speed internet access
· Measuring device such as: laser, 100 ft. tape, or measuring wheel
· Reliable vehicle
· Auto and General Liability InsurancePreferred Experience
· 10+ years of Risk Control Consulting
· Experience working with major carrier or national brokerage preferred
· BS Degree in Engineering, Safety and/or the physical sciences is preferred
· CSP or ARM designations preferred but not required
· Commercial Lines Property/Casualty Loss Control
· Commercial Lines Property/Casualty Underwriting
· Commercial Lines Property/Casualty Claims Adjuster
· Commercial insurance inspections
· Fire and Life Safety investigations/inspections
· No Licensed Insurance Agents/Producers