Loss Control Inspector
Are you tired of working for someone else? Have you thought about building a business for yourself? If you answered yes to either question – Welcome! We are excited to introduce Afirm to you!
Here at Afirm we look for people who are inquisitive, driven & self-directed, observant & detail oriented, and who love being out in the field working with all different types of people. Our loss control inspectors all across the country come from all walks of life and various different backgrounds. The one thing they have in common – they possess what we like to call the secret sauce. This secret sauce is hard to define but it’s what’s makes our people special! If you’re intrigued, check out the rest of this job description!
Afirm is an industry leader and premier provider of premium audit and loss control services! Celebrating 30+ years in business, we owe our success to our talented field reps across this great land, performing our work. At Afirm our core values are our guiding principles, not just words we put on our website or company documents.
“Our purpose is to be THE choice for premium audit and loss control services while providing each and every team member a great place to work.”
Why Partner with Afirm?
- Grow a business for yourself and take control of your own destiny!
- Manage your own schedule and work out of your home office
- You determine how much work you take from us and manage your volume
- Learn a valuable, highly marketable trade in a growing industry!
What does a Loss Control Inspector do?
Our insurance loss control inspectors meet with the policyholder to photograph and evaluate the overall condition of the insured’s operations, buildings, and/or premises, and provide specific information to the insurance companies underwriters.
- Scheduling appointments with property owners
- Photograph and evaluate the overall condition of a building
- Effectively communicating via phone, email, and face to face discussions
- Observe commercial and residential properties for potentially unsafe conditions
- Write a brief report of your observations and upload photos on AFIRM website
- Follow customer instructions and quality standards
- Maintain confidentiality and act with integrity
- Local travel to perform field inspections
Qualifications for the ideal Independent Contractor:
- Car, computer, smartphone, and internet connection
- Observant and curious
- Skills in time management and verbal/ written communications
- Basic computer skills, typing, email and using the internet
- Background in construction, fire & safety, hospitality, or real estate beneficial but not required
- Successful candidate must live in the geographic area advertised
Loss Control experience is not required! AFIRM provides best in class training for those looking to start a new career! For more information or to apply today, visit us on our website at www.afirmsolutions.com/careers, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**The H.W. Kaufman Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status or condition protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.