AFIRM-LOSS CONTROL SURVEYOR (2021-5382)
Loss Control Surveyor
Lake Charles, LA
Afirm is working hard to protect the health and safety of all our field representatives and policyholders during this pandemic, including providing all our representatives personal protective gear! Please review the extensive actions Afirm is taking in response to COVID-19.
AFIRM is looking for a Loss Control Surveyor to conduct loss control inspections for Afirm, on an independent contract basis in Lake Charles, LA.
Founded in 1988, AFIRM is one of the nation’s leading providers of Loss Control and Premium Audit service to the insurance industry. In business for over 30 years now, Afirm offers both experienced loss control reps, and entrepreneurial professionals who are ready to start a new career, the opportunity to own their own loss control business. We provide the training and ongoing support you will need to be successful. Whether you have experience in loss control, or are interested in starting a new career – we would love to hear from you. Apply today to learn more!
Loss Control Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Inspect commercial and residential properties for hazardous conditions
- Evaluate operational and safety practices including exposures and hazards
- Write recommendations for the reduction of losses
- Submit reports via web-portal in checklist and narrative formatting
- Individually scheduling appointments with clients to obtain necessary information
- Contacting clients via phone, email and individual meetings
- Adhere to customer requirements and quality standards
- Maintain confidentiality, provide excellent customer service with integrity
Qualifications for the ideal Independent Contractor:
- Act with professionalism and urgency
- Ability to observe and evaluate potentially hazardous conditions
- Strong people skills with an interest in safety and risk mitigation
- Excellent skills in time management, verbal /written communications, and web-based applications
- A functional home office including a laptop
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Experience is not required. AFIRM can provide the training and ongoing support needed to get started! For more information about Afirm and the opportunities we have available, please visit us on our website at www.afirmsolutions.com. To apply for this position, you can email your resume to email@example.com.