Residential Loss Control Inspector
Residential Loss Control Consultant-Independent Contractor
We are looking for experienced Commercial Lines & Personal Lines (Residential) Insurance Consultants to become approved vendors. As an approved vendor, you will be contracted to conduct interior and/or exterior insurance loss control inspections in your coverage area. No licensing required. Appointments are set at the mutual convenience of the inspector and property contact. Orders are sent and completed reports are returned through a cloud-based system. This is contract-based work that is paid per inspection for a fee set in advance. Vendors work independently and fees are paid weekly upon satisfactory order completion. Preferred Reports makes no guaranty of assignments or revenue. The vendor shall have their own equipment for use when conducting inspections (computer, digital camera, scanner, cell phone, etc.), reliable transportation, and be available for calls. During your visit you will conduct an interview, survey/inspect the premises, identify hazards/controls, take digital photographs, and make any necessary recommendations to improve risk. Most inspections will also call for buildings to be measured, square footage calculated, and diagrams produced. Following the site visit the vendor is expected to promptly produce a detailed and accurate report of the information obtained.
All vendors must provide a current resume and submit to a background check which includes a criminal records check and may include a drug screen. Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Preferably one years’ experience completing interior/exterior residential insurance loss control surveys and reports & 3 to 5 years experience in Commercial Loss Control assignments.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet hard due dates with minimum supervision
- Own a computer with the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and high-speed internet access.
- Be detail oriented and well organized with a flexible schedule
- Must have reliable car with ability to cover a wide territory on a as needed basis, if required.
- Must have a digital camera, high speed internet access with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft products, and a measure wheel or similar device.
- Must have a camera pole that extends up to 12 ft and a measuring tool for P.L. work.
- Accurately provide the information requested in all forms within the order. This consist of but not limited to:
- Set site inspection appointments with insured/agent via email and/or phone calls.
- Complete physical inspections of properties as required by the carrier.
- Take clear digital photos of properties.
- Identify and document any hazards/controls that are found at the property.
- Complete on-site management interviews regarding the property, as required.
- Upload report / photos through a cloud-based system by the specified deadline.
- Become familiar with client specific guidelines.
- Communicate as needed with Preferred Reports, agent’s, and insureds.
- Provide high quality and professional services.
Preferred Reports is the largest nationwide supplier of personal and commercial lines loss control and risk intelligence to the insurance industry. We deliver these services through a national network of qualified independent consultants and reviewers. Our corporate operations support our extensive consultant network using Preferred Reports’ secure, cloud based, inventory management system. Consultants and clients have 24/7/365 access to orders and inspection data.