Loss Control Consultant-Independent Contractor
Job Title: Contract Vendor Loss Control Insurance Inspector
Job Responsibilities: Provide high quality, comprehensive loss control inspection reports as requested by our clients, using established protocols, procedures and policies.
- Schedule and Conduct field or office-based loss control underwriting inspection reports
- Use company website portal to retrieve assigned work, track status of assigned requests, upload photos, complete assigned inspection forms, any additional detail as requested by our client and submission of completed report for review by Quality Assurance
- Use of personal car, laptop, digital camera, high speed internet, cell phone and measuring wheel to conduct an assigned inspection
- Use strong customer service skills to communicate with policyholders, agents, and appointed contacts to conduct and complete assigned inspections
- Conduct Loss Control Surveys at insured’s locations to identify property and liability related hazards and exposures.
- Write comprehensive reports utilizing existing templates identifying potential loss conditions, hazards or concerns and make recommendations to mitigate the exposures identified in the field surveys.
- Builds positive working relationships with all points of contact while working, conducting and completing all assigned inspection requests
To be considered you must have the following Skills, Qualifications and Required Tools:
- Two to four years’ experience conducting inspections or relative experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Outgoing personality that would enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people including policyholders, employees, agents, brokers and authorized reps
- Must be able to write comprehensive loss control reports.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days.
- Must have skills to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated knowledge with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and inspection related software when applicable
- PC or Laptop with printer and scanner
- High Speed Internet
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Digital camera/Smartphone with ample photo quality (no date stamps)
- A Measuring Wheel
- PSI Gauge
- Reliable transportation and access to GPS or reliable maps
- Be able to pass criminal background check
Preferred candidates should have one or more of the following relevant experience:
- Prior or Current Commercial and/or Residential Field inspections
- Insurance Inspections
- General Contracting (residential/commercial)
- Construction Project Management
- Fire Department Inspections
- County or City Building/Construction Inspections
- Armed Services construction work or project management
Job Type: Contract
Inspectors must follow local area requirements for wearing masks and PPE due to COVID