High Value Home Appraisers
Join Signature Appraisals
This is a remote position.
Must currently be or have been a mid or senior level residential inspector.
This is a CONTRACT position (1099).
This territory includes:
- Cities and towns in the State of Alabama according to the distance a contractor wishes to travel.
- Signature Appraisals is looking for experienced Residential Insurance Inspectors to visit property owners in your area to perform interior insurance inspections and high value dwelling inspections. At least two years of comparable experience such as home inspector is required.
- Residential Insurance Inspectors are independent contractors who offer their professional services to Signature Appraisals and are paid by the completed report. Orders are sent and completed through a cloud based system. Contractor fees are paid monthly.
- As a contractor, you will visit properties, take photos and measurements, and make note of issues which should be brought to the underwriter’s attention. After the visit, you complete and submit your report online. The report is checked for quality before being forwarded to the underwriting staff. Most of the work is done in the field, while reports are written from home and forwarded to Signature. All inspections need to be completed in less than 21 days, but you make your own schedule.
- To be considered, you must have reliable transportation, a digital camera, high speed internet access with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft products, and a measuring wheel or similar device. You must be able to quickly turn around high quality work. Good organization skills are critical. If you are interested and feel you are qualified, please provide a current resume. If you are considered, you will be asked to submit to a background investigation which includes a criminal record check and may include a drug screen.
Details of position:
- Work from home or office.
- Schedule appointments with the homeowners.
- Drive to and conduct the survey.
- Write up the survey from home using a Windows based PC.
- Determine an accurate replacement cost of the home.
- Document any unique construction and architectural features of the home.
- Identify underwriting concerns.
- Make recommendations on how to prevent future loss.
- Prior underwriting experience preferred
- Prior inspection experience on residential homes
- loss control experience preferred
- construction experience preferred
- Computer competencies in Windows and internet environment required.
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- CPCU or IIA preferred.
- Must have smartphone, tablet and personal computer.
- late model car.