Residential Inspector--Flint MI
We are looking for experienced Residential Insurance Inspectors to visit dwellings in the area to perform interior and/or exterior insurance inspections with detailed photos and information collected per client requirements. 98% of the work is exterior with no diagram/sketch.
Independent consultant, 1099 Position, work independently and are paid by the completed report. Orders are sent and completed reports are returned through our proprietary web-based. This is contract-based work that is a flat rate per inspection. Payments are made bi-weekly based on successful completion and submission of reports.
Ideal applicants will have the physical ability and experience to adequately assess the property condition. Strong communication skills, good technology and organizational skills, and the ability to quickly turn around reports in a timely manner are critical to the applicants success.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet due dates with minimum supervision
- Ability to adequately assess the physical condition of a property
- Basic computer operating, typing, and internet skills.
- Be a self-starter and require little motivation
- Follow directions and instructions carefully
- Be detail oriented and well organized with a flexible schedule
- Set site inspection appointments with insured/agent (if required)
- Complete physical inspections of properties within an agreed to geography
- Take digital photos of properties
- Identify and document any hazards/concerns that are found at the property
- Upload report / photos through cloud-based system
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes
- Follow all safety and security procedures
- PC/Laptop/Tablet running Windows 10 home or Pro
- High-speed Internet connection
- Basic computer literacy (mouse and keyboard functionality, copy/paste functions, file and folder browsing/creation/renaming)
- Digital camera capable of 2-megapixel or greater resolution
- Reliable Transportation
- Mobile phone
- Measuring wheel
- Must have a camera pole that extends up to 12 ft and a measuring tool.