Remote in Jacksonville, Tallahassee, or Tampa
The Underwriter I position is responsible for accepting business into the organization by
reviewing and evaluating Personal Lines applications for property insurance for acceptability
and pricing decisions utilizing various underwriting tools, technology, and resources in
accordance with approved underwriting guidelines and standards. Multiple positions are
available that may be hired in either Jacksonville or Tampa, Florida.
• Review & underwrite complex Property & Casualty policy applications, renewal activities,
restrictions, and cancellations to determine risk acceptability, pricing and coverage within
underwriting authority and corporate underwriting guidelines and standards.
• Provide complex technical advice, training and support to agents and other internal and
external stakeholders to promote consistent risk-based underwriting philosophy in all products
and activities regarding the company's policies, coverages, guidelines, and procedures.
• Ensure a high level of data integrity through consistent and continual risk analysis by using
data analytics, renewal underwriting, post loss reviews and collaboration with other
departments throughout the organization.
• Monitor trends and provide feedback for process improvement opportunities and participate
in underwriting related projects, committees or special assignments as requested by
• Handle underwriting specific Tier II telephone calls referred from the Customer Care Center as
well as vendors.
Qualifications - External
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years relevant experience, OR a combination of college education and
relevant experience equivalent to 4 years
• 2 or more years’ experience in property insurance operations, claims, agency, or call center
• 4 or more years of experience in property insurance operations, claims, agency or call center
• Knowledge of Citizens UW procedures, manuals policy administration and workflow
• CPCU designation or AINS Designation
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or risk
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear
and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured
Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive
medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement,
Community Service and much more!
Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability.
Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
Professional and leadership development opportunities
Flexible work schedule and Alternative Work Arrangements
Company Paid Parking
Employee recognition programs
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer